Saturday, December 02, 2006

Last night's Persian Chicken was one of the best that I've ever cooked ... as a follow-up to my post about cooking last night.

This morning was all about photography and lovely people. Afterwards Gert and I drove over to Antwerpen's Ikea. We were looking for all kinds of things.

Sinterklaas comes to the children of Belgie on 6 December but tomorrow we're all off to Gert's parents so the kids can pick up their gifts from bomma and bompi (nana and grandad back in my world) and Gert has decided to give his kids their Sinterklaas gifts in the morning.

We were searching for zitzakken ... beanbags of course. Ikea had none but they had other things that we 'needed' and we walked away smiling, having finally bought frames so we can enlarge and hang some of my photography up on our walls.

We drove all over the city, locating the zitzakken at 4pm and they're here in the lounge waiting for morning.

It's so strange for me to be celebrating Christmas as we descend into winter ... it's not really real to me. Let's see how we do, as we have magnificent plans for our Christmas period.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beanbags are kool!

Ahh yes Christmas, it's a splendid season if you're not a student -bloody exams in January. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, or at least a Christmas with temperatures appropriated for the season meaning not 20°C. Com'on Frank Deboosere, bring us some snow.

Anonymous said...

bomma amd bompi!? I love it! I want to be called bomma and I wonder if ABM would suit bompi? The name for beanbags sounds fun too - we need more z words.

Di Mackey said...

They are, arent they manic, and I'm so proud ... they were my idea. I'm breaking the mould of the wicked stepmama.

Oh exams ... you poor thing, that's terrible however, being so clever as to know about cathedrals and etc ... I'm sure you'll do fine.

Some Dutch words are terribly cute, others are downright unpronounceable ... 'afschuwelijk' = horrible.