Thursday, December 28, 2006

Meet my granddaughter ...


One of the most frustrating things about immigrating to Europe has been the time it has taken ...

I was an accidental immigrant - in that I did it without thinking, never imagining that falling in love with a European might be an offence punishable by paperwork.

Along the way I lost things but the worst of it has been the longer than normal seperation from my daughter ... and granddaughter.

On the bright side, and there almost always has to be one ... my daughter is a stunning photographer and she sent me a new batch of photographs for Christmas ... so, meet my beautiful granddaughter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful..just like her mother and grandmother ( wow lol) I love those rosy cheeks and curly hair.

christina said...

Oh she's so lovely. I'm not sure if I even knew you had a granddaughter. Lucky you. :-)

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous! But you're much too young to have a granddaughter. :)

Di Mackey said...

Lol, thanks ml but she's lovely, isn't she :)

Hmmm, I have blogged about her occasionally but it does make me homesick. Jessie has a photograph of me above her bed so that she'll recognise me when I finally get home.

LOL, I adore you parisparfait. I may have groaned when I learned I would become a gran in my late 30s, but I was there at the birth and kind of like the whole granny thing. It's looking like they'll come 2007 but let's see ... I won't post the news until the tickets are bought.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful is the right word! She's lovely. I see your eyes in her.

Di Mackey said...

I do believe she just might have my eyes ... she's almost identical to my mother and aunt when they were little :)

Di Mackey said...

I think humour is the only way to approach immigration and etc ... it works sometimes ;)

awomynda said...

Oooh love having finally 'met' your granddaughter. She is adorable. Very little internet access at the moment so here's my reply finally to your comments! Love reading of your spanish adventures, hope you recover from the nasty bout of flu soon and even more so, hope you get home soon for a visit as it's just so wonderful to be here! Lots of sunshine, good for the soul.