Sunday, March 18, 2007

Elizabeth Gilbert, Writer

I’ve come to believe that there exists in the universe something I call “The Physics of The Quest” – a force of nature governed by laws as real as the laws gravity or momentum.

And the rule of Quest Physics maybe goes like this: “If you are brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting (which can be anything from your house to your bitter old resentments) and set out on a truth-seeking journey (either externally or internally), and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue, and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher, and if you are prepared – most of all – to face (and forgive) some very difficult realities about yourself….then truth will not be withheld from you.”

Or so I’ve come to believe. I can’t help but believe it, given my experience.

Elizabeth Gilbert ,
Author Eat, Pray, Love.

Thanks Boho Girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds awfully like The Alchemist.

Di Mackey said...

It did. I wandered over to read about her book and have to admit, I'm curious to read it.

I liked the theory, I work on a similar belief system when possible, as magical things happen out here sometimes ...