Friday, March 16, 2007

Book Sale in Antwerpen (100s of English books too)

My intention was virtuous ... I was going to my favourite secondhand bookstore here in the city to simply buy childrens books for class tomorrow.

So virtuous in intent, so wicked in actuality.

You see, it turns out the De Slegte, with its oftentimes staggeringly good selection of secondhand English books is having a massive 50% off all novels.

I might have been lost in the book aisles for more than 2 hours, I have no idea but I came out triumphant.

Michael Ondaatje's Anil's Ghost (3 euro), Kate Moses Wintering (3.50euro), Ann Pachett's Bel Canto 3euro and one simple novel (2.50 euro) to lose myself in for an hour or two.

So, what stories for the children at 9.30 tomorrow ... well there's Mr Jelly from the Mr Men series and associated birthday-card-colouring-and-making session, the eating of red jelly from New Zealand and so much more.

The fun never stops ...

No comments: