Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A little of this and a little of that.


Spanish Sculpture in Mesen- Belgie, originally uploaded by - di.

Last week was a challenge because I was responsible for trying to capture every thing that the people I was wandering with might want to remember, might want to be captured doing. Needless to say, I loved all of it.

This week has been about opening each of the 1000+ images and going over them just to be sure.

I'm pleased, really pleased with the results ...

There have been all kinds of other tests along the way though ... this nasty flu that sees me slipping off to bed each afternoon and sleeping the tiredness off and Gert's children are here - school holidays in Belgie ... so I get to be mother and grandmother and stepmother this week, the cleaning is astounding.

This morning, some late rising children had to make their own breakfast. Nobody died from it. I can see a new way of being ahead of us all ...

This week has also been all about looking for balance and boundaries in my world, about learning to respect myself and my work, and about blowing my nose often, coughing and sucking back painkillers when it all got too miserable ... oh, and a little medicinal red wine in the evenings.

I'm 2/3's through the photographs ... back to it now. I just loved this image, taken on the grounds of the Irish Peace Village in Mesen.

Tot ziens.

No comments: