Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A little of this and a little of that

The day started grey in so many ways and I've been dragging myself through it ... tidying up the old projects, casting my mind about for an exciting new one, ignoring the ones I have ticking away here just for today.

I couldn't think, sorting paperwork does that to me but then two emails arrived one after the other.

One was inviting me to join VerveEarth.com as a Belgian-based blogger.

I read around a little and thought 'Why not' and signed in.

The other was an invitation to a Sahara Night next month. There's a movie with tales from the Sahara, a Maghrebijns Dinner, then the moment that truly delights me ... photographing the performance of a traditional Algerian Gnawa band.

I have enjoyed the small taste I've already had of Gnawa music, courtesy of Sandy, over at The View from Fez .

By the time I looked up from working on replies and etc, the clouds had cleared and I do believe there's a little sunshine and blue sky outside my window again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your glad. :)

Di Mackey said...

Lol yes, less gloomy now I'm out of that Social Orientation class for non-native English speakers.

Was I too much of a grouch?