Sunday, November 04, 2007

A delightful moment ...

My new laptop has done many stunning things, despite only being a little HP Pavilion dv2000 that wasn't touted as having all the bells and whistles that something like an Apple Macbook is rumoured to have but ... I am loving it.

It came through for me when I needed to process and send photographs out all over the place daily. In fact it did everything I asked except finding an elusive 'going free' wifi signal in the middle of Normandy countryside ... then again, that was a little laughable.

Today I discovered the newer laptop than my old 'la' means I can stream New Zealand's National Radio live. As I type this at 7.52pm Sunday I'm listening to RNZ's Morning Report.

It's 7.52am back home in the land of the long white cloud, the English translation of New Zealand's Maori name - Aotearoa.

Life is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy listening.

Di Mackey said...

Dank u wel :)
I've been sitting here working on photographs, very happy.

I have a stack of cds and dvds sitting here to post. Sigh, your cd is done, it is coming.

Di Mackey said...

'working on photos' listening to National Radio ... forgot the important bit.

Anonymous said...

The few times I've streamed radio stations from the U.S., it's disconcerting. The collision of old life and new life rattles me. Don't like it.

Di Mackey said...

You're right, there was a definate collision of 'worlds' v-grrrl but I was okay with it.

Returning to NZ is on my mind a lot these days, as I slowly give it up for various odd and unusual reasons. I have some interesting Catch 22 things going on in my life at the moment ...

Anyway, I was pathetic with the radio thing ... even I knew it as I heard myself telling those in the room with me ... 'Ohhhhhhhhh, it's the weather report for NZ. Rain for Buller and Westland' and etc. Lol pathetic but fun. It was like suddenly finding myself back in Nana's kitchen with her coal range and the long range weather forecast for NZ.

It's all so familiar and delicious.