Thursday, June 11, 2009

Madness and Mayhem.


The Owl Man, Flanders Fields, originally uploaded by - di.

The day began with lots of housework, torrential rain and wet washing minus a clothes-dryer.

Then the NGO phoned and needed some of my photographs presented in a particular way which galvanised me into action on all kinds of fronts, then came a second phone call from Berlin - one that sees me moving to the German city for a couple of months at the end of the year to document an extraordinary exhibition in one of the big museums there, and then the postman called by with a parcel from Naples ... Grazie Tonya and Sami!!

The apartment is clean and I'm not and there is still much to do before this day is over.

This photograph was taken at the Zonnebeke Chateau, home to the Passchendaele Museum.

2 comments:

Barbara Butler McCoy said...

W.O.W. How absolutely stunning, the communion between this man and the owl! Grazie, indeed:)

Di Mackey said...

I have an owl series I just can't get to but yes, he and his owls were magical Barbara.