Saturday, June 06, 2009

Kunst Op De Baan - een symbiose tussen kunst en commerce, Antwerpen


Exhibition work, I, originally uploaded by - di.

And so the exhibition began with the hanging of my photographs last night.

Jessie had worked with me on the final product, slipping the 'private life' photograph into the top left corner to the 'public life' photograph taken at Brasserie Reuzenhof.

Jan, my Reuzenhof host, seemed delighted with results and immediately took down the art works he had hanging, replacing them with mine. He has invited me to continue photographing his clients over the 3 weeks the exhibition runs for and we'll hang them for sale.

Today is about replacing the 2 frames broken last night by people other than myself (I'm usually grateful not to be 'the one'), then we have to hunt down a month's worth of groceries with the rental car and later, attend little Miss Four's dance performance.

6 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

!!!! Looks so good.

Di Mackey said...

Thanks Gary :) A lovely compliment from my favourite potter.

V-Grrrl said...

I love this shot!

Di Mackey said...

Thanks, Ms V. There is so much going on ... the people I wanted to photograph, through the glass, then me in the reflection and then one of my other photographic subjects is there in the reflection to ... and etc. :)

Barbara Butler McCoy said...

So cool! I love your smile, and the shoe slipping off your subject's foot ... so personal and yet universal, if you know what I mean. Congrats!

Di Mackey said...

I took some nice ones inside next to them Barbara, then had this idea of reflections and glass and etc ... I liked it best too.