Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A bad wine kind of day in Antwerpen

The grey sky was pressing a little bit heavy today so I offered Gert the opportunity to lunch with me ... charming creature that I am.

I was early and popped into a harbour-side pub for a wine.
Lovely view from the window, good music and the price of the food seemed not too bad but the house wine was vinegar.

Lesson learned, I met Gert at our favourite cafe in the area. Eve's sandwich cafe is second to none. I'll post on it one day.

Not quite ready to go home, I popped into Via Via, knowing I could count on ambience, free wifi and some drinkable red wine.

But no, here I am with a second glass of vinegar red wine, another undrinkable red wine. It doesn't bear thinking about.

I guess today isn't my day (or it could be a sign) but the glass can sit next to me while I work on my photographs ... a reason for loitering here and about the same price as paying for internet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vinegar must be in season :P

Di Mackey said...

Indeed it must, so I took 2 sips of said vinegar and then gave up and saw the money as payment for the nice work space. Lots of photographs processed :)