Thursday, October 18, 2007

You know those mornings when you wake tired?

I looked at my teeth in the mirror this morning and since the dental work last year, my nightly teeth-clenching has begun to make a small ragged mountain range of my bottom teeth. It's minor but new.

Note to self, must try to relax in my sleep.


I had an interesting project fleshed out and confirmed yesterday.
Over the next 2 weeks I'll be taking photographs at events as diverse as an African day at the zoo, through into Turkish homework classes, a Moroccan Ramadan reception, YWCA cooking classes and Russian classes.

The photographs are for a cultural guidebook from Antwerpen and I'm so delighted to be working on it.

And I've been muttering over a paper plan for the Rome project, trying to work out how big or small it will be ... deciding, in the end, to put no limits on it.

My daughter and I created a beautiful gift voucher for my photography sessions and Gert and I are working on a cafepress webshop to be launched this week. Miss Three remains the entertainment factor in the household and I'm still working on finangling the dog that I've decided I need.

Oh, where did that come from?
Gert has said no.
The apartment building we live in also says no but ... I've always had dogs, Golden Labradors actually and I've realised I have need of one here if I'm actually staying.

Henry Miller wrote something that struck a chord with me as I rode the tram home yesterday ... Develop an interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people.'

He's so right.
We all should.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're quite good at collecting rich souls and experiences and inspiring others to follow you down the road not taken.

And now we'll be walking a wandering dog--I can just feel it.

Di Mackey said...

Oh, I do hope you're right about the wandering dog.

Thank you for the compliment.

Anonymous said...

Same experience here: just dying to get a dog again, and yes, the buildings has the same issues.

Great to read you keep on going on that inspirational road to happiness.

Di Mackey said...

Well I crash on the road occasionally. Looking forward to catching up with you next weekend though xo

Anonymous said...

Same feeling here ;-)

It really sounds like an exciting mix of people.

Can I follow the 'come as you are' rule and wear something unconventional? I promise it won't be pink :-)

(just found out the O was a hug, thanks!)

Di Mackey said...

Come as you are ... hmmmm, you're European and then you're Antwerpen as well. Okay okay, everyone is as they please ... it's all very casual usually :)

And indeed, the o is a hug.