Friday, October 19, 2007

By now, most of the world will know that an attempt was made on Benazir Bhutto's life last night, as she made a triumphant return to Pakistan after 8 years of exile.

As I watched events after the two explosions unfold last night, I heard foreign correspondent Christina Lamb reporting in. She had been on the bus, traveling as Bhutto's biographer. Curious I researched Christina this morning, a search made easy due to her having her own website.

I discovered that she has written some truly interesting books and was the muse for Paulo Coelho's book 'The Zahir'.

She seems like a remarkably interesting woman.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Dear Di Mackey,

Paulo Coelho got wind of your blog through aart hilal and wants to post this article on his blog.
Paulo Coelho's blog
In case you have any restrictions, do not hesitate to write me on my email : paulabraconnot@gmail.com
Have a wonderful day!
And here's a quote to ponder:
No one knows what is going to happen
in the next few minutes,
and yet people still go forward,
because they have trust,
because they have faith.
(Brida) Paulo Coelho
Paula