Saturday, April 07, 2007

Talent renders the whole idea of rehearsal meaningless; when you find something at which you are talented, you do it (whatever it is) until your fingers bleed or your eyes are ready to fall out of your head. Even when no one is listening (or reading, or watching), every outing is a bravura performance, because you as the creator are happy. Perhaps even ecstatic.
Stephen King
from, On Writing

Thanks to Kathleen over at Go crazy, kill a tenor and die: Just a normal Tuesday .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Thanks for the shout out - I'm so glad someone else liked that quote, it REALLY spoke to me. I'm considering changing my email sig to that, but am not quite ready to lose "Almost Home" just yet.

Di Mackey said...

Oh my gosh indeed :) I adored that quote and immediately applied it to photography.

Thanks!