Monday, April 16, 2007

Alberta Ferretti, fashion designer

There's a rather delicious interview with fashion designer Alberta Ferretti in The Independent newspaper.

An extract: Although I love my country, I feel like an international designer rather than an Italian one. My greatest sources of inspiration are contemporary women from different cultures - I take something from each one. I love French women for their frizzante attitude. English women have a touch of eccentricity, Americans are admirably determined, and Italian women are very passionate. If you put together all these qualities, you have a new model of woman, someone who has retained her femininity but who leads an active, productive life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, if you put all those together you have bonding, jealousy, gossip, laughter, bitching, sex talk, discussions of diet and exercise, and a few catty remarks.