Saturday, February 24, 2007

2 Cent's Worth: Creative stalling, Roxana Popescu

"Laziness is when you don't want to do anything, and procrastination is when you don't want to do it now."
Jorge Cham, an authority on procrastination.

Roxana Popescu writes for the International Herald Tribune and while webwandering, I discovered an article that spoke to me ... and others, if all I've read of friends blogs is true. The article is titled 2 Cent's Worth: Creative stalling .

She offers up a solution in Mark Ellwood's website. He's the president of Pace Productivity and his site is worth checking out too ...

An extract: According to one study, procrastination afflicts 15 percent to 25 percent of the adult population and is more common in men. Graduate students and people with unstructured jobs seem to be most easily affected, finding time to write novels, study dead languages, start families, found companies or work second careers as journalists before getting around to that dissertation. I should know. One reason I'm writing this article is that I have several other deadlines looming for my doctoral work at Harvard University.

No comments: