Monday, September 11, 2006

Boris Johnson, Bounder?

Martin told me about a Boris Johnson Times Online article ... titled Bozzer the Bounder it's a small taste of Andrew Gimson's highly revealing biography about Boris' life, loves and disasters

Grimson writes, When I asked Boris Johnson if I could write his biography, he laughed for a long time before saying: “Such is my colossal vanity that I have no intention of trying to forbid you.”

At the time, in the summer of 2004, Boris’s star shone with amazing brightness. Reputable judges predicted he would be the next Conservative prime minister.


Later ... Boris had moved from complete agreement with the book to total disagreement. He began by sounding utterly confident and ended by sounding strangely vulnerable. It was a curious transformation but also, as I was to discover, a rather characteristic one.

No comments: