Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Black Widow by Sandy McCutcheon

I've been taking any opportunity to read Samir's superb book titled 'Black Widow'. It arrived in the post yesterday and I'm already on page 147. I almost missed my tram stop this morning, due to being completely immersed in his compelling fiction.

Sandy, otherwise known as Samir over at The View from Fez, has used real headlines to create a scenario where 6 of the teachers who were held hostage during the Beslan school seige take a startling form of revenge as a memorial to all those who died.

An update:I just finished the book ... it's stunning and held me from beginning to end.

None of the reviews do it justice. If you followed the Beslan school massacre, or if you're disenchanted about government spin and media manipulation, then this is a fiction that you just might enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are too kind! Lets hope your review sells a couple more copies. Translations into Polish and Slovenian are underway with other languages to follow.