Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Little Istanbul Thing ... (September, 200)

This morning, we picked up a traditional Belgian breakfast from the bakery - pistolets (a French word for small white crusty bread buns), and a koffie koeken each (which is a general name for the selection of sweet pastries they here - our pastry of choice is a custard-filled soft-pastry with chocolate icing) Ahhh, the nightmare of fitting into a new culture.

Gert and I ate, then read the papers on this sunny Sunday morning in Antwerpen.I opened my New York Times, courtesy of the internet, and was delighted to find an article on Istanbul in the travel section. I kind of liked it, so I posted it here, but I'm an outsider looking in; a Kiwi who fell in love with Istanbul. I'll put the link here, but I think you have to sign up (for free) to read it.

http://travel2.nytimes.com/2005/09/25/travel/25istanbul.html?ex=1128312000&en=b792997851134bc6&ei=5070

No comments: