Saturday, June 21, 2008

Today ...


a boy and his dad, originally uploaded by - di.

I completed the third in a series of really enjoyable family photography sessions.

Today was all about 2 little boys and their mum and dad.

Tervuren Park, Brussels was the location and I loved being out there and doing again after the wandering.

My photographic 'style' is to hang out with whoever I'm photographing, talking and listening as we work, hoping to develop that trust that makes truly beautiful images.

We wandered the park for a couple of hours and tonight I'm smiling over some of the 'captures' I made. They were beautiful people, inside and out, and I have their permission to load up a gallery of them on my photography website - update of all galleries coming soon.

I have the photographs, it's been the problem of time.

I arrived home after 3pm and fell into bed with painkillers taken for flu. Feeling better tonight - let's see where this cough and this dripping nose takes me.

5 comments:

Inge said...

Another beautiful image, Di. I'd love to take up your offer of photographing my friends and/or family, but they're all notorious for covering their faces as soon as a camera approaches! A shame really, I'm sure the results would have been well worth it. Thanks again for suggesting it, very generous of you :-).

Di Mackey said...

It's not so generous really, Inge. I just know I would be so veryvery happy if someone did that for me while I'm so far from home - I haven't been back in 4 years and the airfare keeps going up.

Anyway, I'm here in Belgie and you're there in NZ. Tell them off for being such chickens ;)

furiousBall said...

that picture is gorgeous Di

Kay Cooke said...

Home again jiggity jog!! And doing what you love best to do. What a great trip you had. Memories to savour.

Di Mackey said...

Thanks Van. It was one of those moments - I noticed the 2 year old carefully handing his daddy a handful of grass and had to record it. It was too cute for words.

Doing what I love best ... exactly, Kay :)