Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Today was a good day ...

Despite the fact that I'm sitting here at my desk with my left leg resting on a block of ice up next to my keyboard.

I don't know if my tendon puffed up slowly over the day or exploded while I walked home but it's unpleasant.

The good news ... hmmm where to begin.

First day back at work in a while and I love my office job. I caught up with everyone then learned that the NGO had won first place in its category for the religious diversity and anti-discrimination training program they developed.

We were delighted and it was the first item on the newsletter that goes out tomorrow.

Then later in the day, we learned that 2 applications for funding had been approved.

It was a good day to be at the office.

Oh, and one of my photography gigs added 200euro more to the price we had agreed on, as they were happy with my work.

So tonight alles goed except for that puffy ankle of mine.

I hope yours was a good day too.

8 comments:

furiousBall said...

hope your ankle feels better soon amiga.

Di Mackey said...

thanks, van. i guess i need to do something more than trying to ignore it. gert dropped my xray and ultrasound results on it at the doctor's last week (you have to get them yourself and i left the country without doing it) so, i guess i need to make another doctor's appointment, eh wot.

Anonymous said...

200 euros extra is always a nice benefit. A swollen ankle isn't that much of a treat. Guess it keeps the balance a bit. :)

The Littons said...

A satisfied customer decides to pay you extra? Wow - that's a real ego boost, isn't it?

Di Mackey said...

It does, Manic :)

Simon ... arggggh. I'm just finishing up on the final frustrating aspects of the work newsletter then your photographs and your friends photographs are receiving my full and complete attention, writes the ex-catholic chick :) - acknowledging the fact you said nothing about them.

paola said...

Maybe what Simon meant was that if he is satisfied he will give you more money? An incentive...

Di Mackey said...

:) I knew my guilt over not getting the photographs to you yet was the problem but I do like your spin on this one, Paola.

I just need to get this newsletter done but it's like running in sand at the moment with kids and mess and noise and various deadlines all around.

I might be writing the next post from that nice padded room I've heard rumours of ...

Anonymous said...

good jobs find there way to good people!