Sunday, August 26, 2007

I think the IKEA catalogue was a mistake ...

One should never give a 3 year old an IKEA catalogue to read in an attempt to have her sit quietly next to her Bompi who is trying to read his Sunday newspaper.

Although I made great inroads into the whole 'I want' thing and turned it into a version of 'May I please have', the excitement quickly became too much and conversation turned to 'I paint mine like that' and 'Can you please buy' ...

She's reading a gardening magazine now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be surprised she will water all the wooden floors soon. Or maybe even start digging holes to plant flowers. I think you better keep an eye on her. She has brilliant plans, only the execution fo her plans could be in better located :P

Anonymous said...

I know all about it... When trying to visit as many WWII museums last week in Normandy, we made the mistake of showing an amusement park flyer to the 5 year olds that were part of the group.

Guess where I spent a full day? :-)

Di Mackey said...

Manic ...

Lol, you are a good man Peter. An entire day in an amusement park huh :)

Anonymous said...

In fact, I really used to enjoy amusement parks, especially the "wild rides" variety. But not while in Normandy, and certainly not wearing a cervical collar..

Children have a way of mellowing out many experiences - they were a couple of amazing 5 yo kids, just like their (diving) mother.

Anyway, I survived the trip, but the 5 y olds sure had more fun :)

Di Mackey said...

It reads like a nice day, despite the collar :)