Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Peter Moore ...

Peter's an Australian author I discovered while trawling the shelves of bookshops here in Antwerpen. The first book I found was 'The Wrong Way Home', and his downunder humour had me giggling as he wrote of his attempt to travel home from London to Sydney, without using planes.

I was hungry for more, and managed to purchase his 'Vroom with a View - In search of Italy's Dolce Vita on a '61 Vespa'. He's an Australian, stuff happens to him ... it's also a superb read, and he offers his love story in and around the romance of Milan to Roma on a Vespa - Australian-style, but of course. Finding the Dutch version of 'Vroom' today ... unrecognisable as 'Een vespa met uitzicht', reminded me that I wanted to mention him here.

He has a number of other titles ... 'The Full Montezuma' and 'Swahili For The Broken-Hearted', to name two that won't get me into trouble for using bad words on my blogsite, and his latest book, 'Crikey' is coming out this year however ... he has a website, complete with blog and photographs he's taken while traveling and writing the books.

See what you think ... Peter Moore>

No comments: